Frequently Asked Questions:
1. FAQ: THERMALUTION FAR-INFRARED HEATING TECHNOLOGY
2. FAQ: THERMALUTION WATERPROOF POWER HEATED UNDERSUIT
3. FAQ: THERMALUTION POWER HEATED OUTDOOR VEST
4. FAQ: THERMALUTION POWER HEATED BODY WARMER
1. THERMALUTION FAR-INFRARED HEATING TECHNOLOGY FAQs:
1.1. What is “ThermalTek® Heating Wire”?
ThermalTek Heating Wire is the state of art patented non-metallic heating fiber. It possesses high heat transfer efficiency, low energy consumption and generates Far Infrared Ray (FIR) which is beneficial to the human body while only emitting low Electromagnetic Interference (EMI). The function and effects of ThermalTek Heating Wire FIR is summarized as follows:
- Non-metallic characteristics
- Light, durable, secure, stable, high strength, bendable, twistable and washable
- Easy power supply by DC and AC voltage
- High heat transfer efficiency with low power consumption
- Low Electromagnetic Interference
- Healhy and safe Far Infrared Heat
1.2. Is the ThermalTek heating wire waterproof? Is it washable?
ThermalTek is waterproof, soft, flexible and does not oxidize with age. It’s been tested to be twisted for more than 55,000 times per UL standard without damage. It’s washable, and we recommend hand wash for better protection of the garment. Please remove batteries prior to washing.
1.3. Are your power heated products agency certified?
Yes. Thermalution power heated products are tested and certified to CE, TUV, UL and IP waterproof standards.
1.4. You have mentioned the Far Infrared function of your product. What is Far Infrared?
Far Infrared Ray (FIR) is a spectrum of natural sunlight with a wavelength of 4 to 1,000 microns. It is invisible to the human eyes. The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) pointed out that FIR with wavelength between 6 to 14 microns is capable of penetrating deep into the human body where they gingerly elevate the body temperature and generate a natural resonance which has man beneficial properties. It can accelerate metabolism, improve circulation, relieve joint pain & muscle spasm, and provide warmth. Thermalution’s ThermalTek has been tested by certified laboratory and confirmed that it generates the desired FIR with wavelength of between 6 to 14 microns. ThermalTek’s far-infrared heat (FIR light waves) penetrates your skin, giving you that wonderful natural warmth and provide rejuvenating radian energy. Far-Infrared Heat is completely healthy and safe. The benefits of FIR is summarized as follows:
- Accelerate metabolism
- Improve circulation
- Stimulate cell growth
- Help to ease or relieve joint pain & muscle spasm
- Provide soothing natural warmth and rejuvenating radian energy
2. THERMALUTION WATERPROOF POWER HEATED UNDERSUIT FAQs:
2.1. How is the Thermalution Far-infrared Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit superior to other similar heated wetsuit?
Thermalution Far-infrared Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit is designed to be worn underneath a wetsuit or drysuit depending on the specific model. It is powered by portable compact high capacity lithium-polymer battery (either one battery pack or 2 battery packs depending on the specific undersuit model) with universal 100 volt ~ 240 volt dual battery charger. Thermalution Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit has the capacity to heat up in the shortest amount of time (under a minute) while being able to last for the longest duration with either the 1.5 ~ 2 hours battery model or the 3 ~ 4 hours battery model per use. In addition, it has a temperature micro controller with ON/OFF and 3 temperature settings ensuring it to be the most friendly design you ever need compared to other products that use chemical heaters and require boiling or microwaving.
2.2. When the neoprene wetsuit already possesses thermal protection, why do I need the Thermalution Far-infrared Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit?
Thermal protection of wetsuit is limited to insulate your body and minimize heat loss. When diving, as you descend in the water, your wetsuit will be compressed due to water pressure. This compression of the wetsuit reduces your buoyancy and thermal protection. There is no way to make up for the lost insulation once you’re in the water EXCEPT for using our Thermalution Far-infrared Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit as it can GENERATE heat instead of only being able to reduce heat loss. Also, the thickness and quality of neoprene determine the function of wetsuit. The thicker the neoprene, the warmer you’ll feel, but you may get extremely exhausted by putting a thick wetsuit on. With our Thermalution Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit, you can say good-bye to thick wetsuits and enjoy cold water activities.
2.3. What is the difference between Thermalution Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit of -300 feet (-100 meters) and Thermalution Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit of -30 feet (-10 meters)?
The -30ft/-10m Thermalution Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit is designed for surfing and other water activities performed largely above the water, while the -300ft/-100m Thermalution Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit is designed for diving purposes. There are no functional differences between the two products, but the -30ft/-10m Thermalution Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit is less capable of diving into deep depths as it can not handle as much water pressure as the -300ft/-100m Thermalution Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit.
2.4. Is the Thermalution Waterproof Power Heated Rashguard Undersuit fabric resistant against high temperature?
Yes. Thermalution Far-infrared Waterproof Power Heated Rashguard Undersuit uses the most advanced fabric which is heat-resistant up to 302°F (150°C)
2.5. Can the Thermalution Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit’s rechargeable batteries function normally in extremely cold weather?
Yes. Thermalution Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit’s rechargeable battery is strictly tested to function in -68°F (-20°C) cold conditions. With the battery wrapped mostly inside heated clothing, you have much higher cold-resistance.
2.6. Is the Thermalution Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit’s rechargeable batteries safe in deep salt water?
Thermalution Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit’s rechargeable batteries are contained in a completely waterproof case and are connected to the heated undersuit with waterproof connectors that have been gold-plated to prevent corrosion from seawater. In addition our batteries have been tested 300 feet (100 meters) underwater for pressure resistance to ensure performance.
2.7. How to wear the Thermalution Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit?
Fully charge the battery and connect the batteries before putting it on. Normally, The undersuit is worn directly on your skin, but if you have sensitive skin, we strongly recommend you put on a layer before the undersuit with your wetsuit or drysuit (depending on the specific model) immediately outside it.
2.8. What is the performance time of the Thermalution Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit?
Thermalution Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit has the capacity to heat up in the shortest amount of time (under a minute) while being able to last for the longest duration with either the 1.5 ~ 2 hours battery model or the 3 ~ 4 hours battery model per use depending on the temperature setting of low, medium, or high. Furthermore, the high quality waterproof lithium polymer batteries used with Thermalution Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit products have an average lifespan of around 500 recharges.
2.9. Is there a special procedure required for the maintenance of Thermalution Waterproof Power Heated Undersuit after use?
Yes. Please follow the recommended handing procedure:
1. Remove the battery connections once get off the water.
2. Take off the undersuit from lifting the bottom of left and right side of the undersuit. Do not pull from the top of the undersuit on the back.
3. After taking off the undersuit, please either lay the undersuit flat or hang it on a hanger to let the heating cool down. Do not bend, twist, or wrinkle the undersuit and do not put any stuff with weight on top of the undersuit during cooling period.
4. We strongly recommend our products to be hand washed to prevent damage to the heating module. In order to avoid salt water damaging the product, please rinse and clean the entire suit by tap water, and wipe dry the connector heads. It is recommended to use silicone lubricant oil to protect the connector head’s pin.
3. THERMALUTION POWER HEATED OUTDOOR VEST FAQs:
3.1. Can I use the Thermalution Power Heated Outdoor Vest under my diving drysuit?
It is dangerous and prohibited to use Thermalution Power Heated Outdoor Vest for diving. This product is designed as a dry vest for on land activities use only. The entire product, including controller and battery are not waterproof and cannot resist water pressure. Please do NOT use it for any water or underwater sports to avoid diving accident such as fire of electrocution and battery explosion. Please read the product manual carefully before your use of the Thermalution products. No warranty and liability for customer’s misuse of the product.
4. THERMALUTION POWER HEATED BODY WARMER FAQs:
4.1. The far-infrared power heated body warmer products require batteries to active the heating function. What should I pay attention to when I use them?
The standard package of Thermalution Far-infrared Power Heated Body Warmer products comes with a battery compartment compatible with ordinary or rechargeable batteries. If you choose to use ordinary batteries, we suggest you use alkaline batteries. Please also pay attention to the following:
- Please do not insert the batteries incorrectly.
- Please do not disassemble, heat or expose the product to fire.
- Please keep batteries away from metal parts.
- Do not mix old and new batteries together or put different brand batteries in the battery pack.
- Recharging non-rechargeable batteries is strictly forbidden! Doing so may cause unexpected leak or damage.
- When the power runs out, remove the batteries from battery pack immediately.
- Avoid strong impact as it may cause the deformation of the battery case.
In addition, please also take note of the following issues while you are using Thermalution Far-infrared Power Heated Body Warmer products.
- For best results wear light clothing between the skin and product.
- Please change the batteries when you feel the warmth is unsatisfactory. (We recommend the use of ALKALINE batteries.)
- Remove battery compartments before washing. Hand wash and air dry only, do NOT use machine washer and dryer. Wipe power plug dry with a piece of dry cloth after washing. leave 2 products air dry. Do not operate the belt before it is completely dry. ( Do not wash magnetic strip )
- Wash your heating products by hand, or put it in laundry bag and wash it by machine at 86°F (30°C).
- Battery compartment cleaning instructions: gently wipe the battery compartment with methane and cloth.
- This product contains natural rubber latex which may cause allergic reactions, as it is constructed of a neoprene blend. If rash develops or pain persists, discontinue use and consult a physician.
- Pay attention on battery directions otherwise may cause damage to the battery.
- It is recommended to take a 10 minutes break after every hour of usage. Otherwise discomfort may occur.
- Please turn off the power, take out batteries, and pull off the power plugs from battery compartments while the product is not in use.
- Fasten the battery compartment with the screw enclosed.
- Do not expose the battery compartment to humid environments.